Purpose of collection of personal information
When you visit this site, you need not supply any personal information to access or use the site but SCEH may collect personal information from you if you register for product warranty and maintenance services, register for membership, enroll, sign up or register for any competitions, elections or other promotion or marketing activities held by SCEH or its associated companies, or if you request for any promotional brochures or materials from SCEH.
Personal information collected from users of this site may also be used by SCEH to:
- provide product warranty and maintenance services;
- send you newsletter and communicate with you, if you register for membership;
- contact users regarding the competitions, elections or other promotion or marketing activities for which the personal information are supplied as well as for other marketing purposes;
- design contents, services and other materials for posting on the site or otherwise for users or customers;
- perform statistical analysis of users behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the contents of the site.
Monitoring of communications
In order to help protect you and others, we monitor use of this site in order to:
- identify fraudulent activities and transactions;
- prevent abuse of and investigate and/or seek prosecution for any potential threat to or misuse of the site;
- and protect the rights and property of SCEH, its affiliates, its partners, and customers.
Monitoring may result in the collection, recording, and analysis of online activity or communications through this site. If you do not consent to these conditions, you must discontinue your use of this site.
Our PlayStation®Blog allows users to share their comments, critiques, questions and suggestions about the PlayStation® brand. A Sony Entertainment Network account is required to participate on our PlayStation® Blog. We prohibit blog participants from disclosing their own personally identifying information other than their own Sony Entertainment Network Online IDs. We ask our users to respect the privacy of others. Disclosure of phone numbers, addresses, age or other personally identifying information that may violate someone else's privacy is prohibited. Encouraging or asking users to disclose publicly their personally identifying information is also prohibited.
Safety of personal information
SCEH will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information held by it on this site is stored in a secure and safe place. SCEH may use "cookies" on this site in order to enable users to keep browsing certain contents and to build users profiles. If you want to disallow cookies, you can do so on your Web browser.
This site may contain links to other sites. By activating a link, you leave this site and SCEH does not exercise control over personal information or any other information you give to any other entity.
Right of access to personal information
If you wish to request access to your personal information or to correct it, you may write to Data Protection Officer, Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong Limited, Suites 01-07, Level 16, Office Tower, Langham Place, 8 Argyle Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong.