1. Purpose of collection of personal information
When you visit this site, you need not supply any personal information to access or use the site but SIEH may collect personal information from you, including without limitation your name, email address, contact information, Sony Entertainment Network sign-in ID, Sony Entertainment Network online ID, Sony Entertainment Network password, if you register for product warranty and maintenance services, register for membership, make online purchases, enroll, sign up or register for any competitions, elections or other promotion/marketing activities or participate PlayStation®Blog held by SIEH or its associated companies, or if you request for any promotional brochures or materials from SIEH.
If you make online purchases, we will collect the first four digits of your identity document for the purpose of identifying you at the time of product collection.
Personal information collected from users of this site may also be used by SIEH to:
- identify you;
- process online purchases;
- provide product warranty and maintenance services;
- use your email address to provide marketing information relating to Sony Entertainment Network and PlayStation products, services and promotion to you, if you elect to receive such marketing information;
- contact users regarding the competitions, elections or other promotion or marketing activities for which the personal information are supplied as well as for other marketing purposes;
- allow users to participate PlayStation®Blog;
- design contents, services and other materials for posting on the site or otherwise for users or customers;
- perform statistical analysis of users behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the contents of the site.
2. Consequence of failing to provide personal information
Unless otherwise specified by us, it is mandatory for you to provide the personal information requested by us in order for us to provide you with the relevant services. In the event that personal information is not provided, we may not be able to provide you with the services or carry out the activities outlined at Section 1 above.
Our PlayStation®Blog allows users to share their comments, critiques, questions and suggestions about the PlayStation® brand. A Sony Entertainment Network account is required to participate PlayStation®Blog. We prohibit blog participants from disclosing their own personally identifying information other than their own Sony Entertainment Network Online IDs. We ask our users to respect the privacy of others. Disclosure of phone numbers, addresses, age or other personally identifying information that may violate someone else's privacy is prohibited. Encouraging or asking users to disclose publicly their personally identifying information is also prohibited.
5. Monitoring of communications
In order to help protect you and others, we monitor use of this site in order to:
- identify fraudulent activities and transactions;
- prevent abuse of and investigate and/or seek prosecution for any potential threat to or misuse of the site;
- and protect the rights and property of SIEH, its affiliates, its partners, and customers.
Monitoring may result in the collection, recording, and analysis of online activity or communications through this site. If you do not consent to these conditions, you must discontinue your use of this site.
6. Safety of personal information
SIEH will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information held by it on this site is stored in a secure and safe place. SIEH may use "cookies" on this site in order to enable users to keep browsing certain contents and to build users profiles. If you want to disallow cookies, you can do so on your Web browser.
This site may contain links to other sites. By activating a link, you leave this site and SIEH does not exercise control over personal information or any other information you give to any other entity.
8. Right of access to personal information
If you wish to request access to your personal information or to correct it, you may write to Data Protection Officer, Sony Interactive Entertainment Hong Kong Limited, Suites 01-07, Level 16, Office Tower, Langham Place, 8 Argyle Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong.